I've never used Google calender before (though I do have a Google account) - so another new one from the clever CPD people. I don't currently use any kind of online calender; I rely upon my antiquated paper diary. Mind you, I've not had any problems with just using a paper diary, so I am not sure what extra value an online diary can bring to me personally.
The calender is fairly easy to use, and all, but I don't think I'm going to use it. I couldn't identify any features which beat my usual diary. I like being able to just carry my diary around with me to add to it at any point. Google calender is probably more useful for those with smart phones.
However, I do like the idea of embedding a Google Calender within a library website to show events for library users, as suggested by the musings about librarianship blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment