About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
I am a gnome working in an independent school in London. This is my first professional post, as an assistant librarian. Things that interest me include inclusion, reader development and really obsessive-compulsive cataloguing.

Friday, 15 July 2011

Thing Five - Reflective practice

Having only finished my library course just under a year ago, I've had a lot of practise with reflective writing; one piece of our coursework was to write an ongoing reflective diary. It was certainly not in my top ten enjoyable things, but I did (and still do) understand why it's an important skill. I hope I will always continue to grow and develop as a professional, and reflectivity can help by keeping you aware that perfection has not yet been reached. Though I am no doubt always close...

As the cpd23 folks say in their blog, the chief problem is finding the time to do it properly. So i've decided to concentrate on a few areas of my professional life, the ones which I find most challenging, and focus my reflectivity there. And the nomines are: inf-lit training (it's an ever alarming experience to have to stand up in front of a bunch of teenagers and attempt to teach them), and research enquiries (because I am certain I could do better here).

And now I must go as there is a small fly buzzing around my face, and I must find some way to kill it.

1 comment:

  1. Killing it would be cruel. Killing it would be denying a spider its dinner.

    ReplyDelete